THE MUSIC THEORY GAME!
We are WAIT LISTING for Version 2!
To be placed on the waiting list for the next printing, email email@example.com.
RULE SHEET: Click here to download the rule sheet for all levels and here for the help sheet.
The MUSIC THEORY GAME is designed to give theory students a new, fun way to work on their skills. Perfect for one-on-one play or in teams in a classroom, students at multiple levels can easily play together.
From learning the notes of the keyboard to practicing creating diminished 7th chords, the Music Theory Game is a great way to get students out of their workbooks and learning in a fun, interactive way.
The game comes in three levels, covering most topics in Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Rudiments theory.
Best for 2-4 players or teams, ages 6 to adult.
Though the three levels, students will practice working with:
* keyboard & note recognition
* accidentals: sharps, flats, naturals, double sharps, double flats
* clefs: treble, bass, alto and tenor clef
* whole tones, chromatic semitones, diatonic semitones
* rhythm: simple, compound and hybrid meters; notes & rests from 64ths to whole notes
* scales: major, minor, chromatic, whole tone, octatonic, blues, pentatonic
* modes: Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian
* intervals: simple and compound, diminished, minor, perfect, major, augmented
* scale degrees
* chords: triads, dominant sevenths and diminished sevenths
* cadences: perfect, plagal and imperfect in major and minor keys
* musical terms and symbols: Italian, French and German
* Great way to reinforce theory concepts without creating extra worksheets
* Hands-on examination preparation
* Game elements align with the RCM curriculum
* A social way to improve theory skills!
(please note: game pieces may vary slightly from photo)
BASIC GAME PACKAGE ($65*)
1 Full-colour GAME BOARD
4 Player Tokens
2 Treble and Bass CLEF cards
38 WHOLE NOTE Tokens
54 Basic ACCIDENTAL Tokens (Sharps, Flats, Naturals)
1 Numbered Die
1 Game Box with artwork by Toronto artist Kathryn Durst
17 TIME SIGNATURE Cards
46 Basic RHYTHM Cards (16th Notes to Whole Notes & Rests)
54 Basic TERM QUIZ Cards
24 Basic INTERVALS Cards
1 Basic SEMITONE Die (Chromatic Semitone, Diatonic Semitone, Whole Tone)
1 Basic SCALE DEGREE NOTES/TRIADS Die (Tonic, Subdominant, Dominant)
INTERMEDIATE EXPANSION PACK ($20*)
36 Intermediate TERM QUIZ Cards
16 Accidental Tokens (double flats, double sharps)
24 Intermediate INTERVALS Cards
1 Intermediate TRIAD INVERSIONS Die
1 Intermediate SCALES Die (Minor, Octatonic, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Whole Tone, Blues)
12 Intermediate COMPOUND TIME SIGNATURE Cards
10 Additional Intermediate RHYTHM Cards (Double Dots, 32nd Notes & Rests)
ADVANCED EXPANSION PACK ($14*)
Advanced CLEFS (Alto, Tenor)
54 Advanced TERM QUIZ Cards
24 Advanced INTERVALS Cards
1 Advanced CADENCES Die (Perfect, Imperfect, Plagal, Major/Minor keys)
1 Advanced CHORDS Die (vii dim7, Augmented, Dominant 7, Minor, Major, Diminished)
1 Advanced MODES Die (Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian)
3 Advanced HYBRID METERS Cards
Price for all three levels, if purchased together: $99*
*All prices in Canadian Dollars and subject to shipping & handling fees.